Re: Demo humor--from the mouths of babes

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lady_Lark_Azure"
      <jenniferanne21@n...> wrote:

      > about Jadwiga being crowned king of Poland instead of queen since she
      > was the reigning monarch: "were boys ever queens?"

      Two words: Castro District. ;->

      Gotta love California. I posted a picture of me in my dowdy 1630's kit
      (courtesy of Reconstructing History Patterns) and I'm now in
      correspondence with someone who's starting hormone therapy and
      counseling for a gender change and has expressed interest in having me
      make English Civil War threads (both men's AND women's) for him.

      Jehanne
    • Chris Laning
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        At 2:57 PM +0000 7/1/05, Lady_Lark_Azure wrote:
        >about Jadwiga being crowned king of Poland instead of queen since she
        >was the reigning monarch: "were boys ever queens?"

        One of my favorite Queen Elizabeth (I) quotes is something I'm told
        was said of her in the years just after she died.

        "Elizabeth was King. Now is James Queen."

        O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe , Shire of Windy Meads
        + Chris Laning <claning@...>