Demo humor--from the mouths of babes

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 7:57 AM
      So, the NJ Library summer reading slogan is "Joust Read!" with the
      emphasis on tales of dragons, knights, damsels, etc. This has led to
      lots of demos for SCA folks, including one which we did last night for
      about 40 7-11 year olds. The two best lines of the night...

      Lead in to a question from 7 year old boy: "now I know that there are
      Vikings in Minnesota..."

      about Jadwiga being crowned king of Poland instead of queen since she
      was the reigning monarch: "were boys ever queens?"

      I just had to share!

      Have a nice weekend everyone.
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 8:25 AM
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lady_Lark_Azure"
        <jenniferanne21@n...> wrote:

        > about Jadwiga being crowned king of Poland instead of queen since she
        > was the reigning monarch: "were boys ever queens?"

        Two words: Castro District. ;->

        Gotta love California. I posted a picture of me in my dowdy 1630's kit
        (courtesy of Reconstructing History Patterns) and I'm now in
        correspondence with someone who's starting hormone therapy and
        counseling for a gender change and has expressed interest in having me
        make English Civil War threads (both men's AND women's) for him.

        Jehanne
      • Chris Laning
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1 9:33 AM
          At 2:57 PM +0000 7/1/05, Lady_Lark_Azure wrote:
          >about Jadwiga being crowned king of Poland instead of queen since she
          >was the reigning monarch: "were boys ever queens?"

          One of my favorite Queen Elizabeth (I) quotes is something I'm told
          was said of her in the years just after she died.

          "Elizabeth was King. Now is James Queen."

          O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe , Shire of Windy Meads
          + Chris Laning <claning@...>