non-cooler foods

  • Zenovia Kallipygia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
      So what foods do people like to take that require no or minimal
      cooling over a weekend?

      Zenovia
    • Amy Heilveil
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
        > So what foods do people like to take that require no or minimal
        > cooling over a weekend?

        In the files section there is a file titled, "Events without a cooler"
        containing more information in this vein.

        I also recommend searching the group archieves for such things.

        These sorts of food items have been discussed before, though we have
        had a large number of new people since the last time and would welcome
        *new* foods to the lists.

        Smiles,
        Despina de la period non-cooler food is nummy
      • jeffrey.heilveil@ndsu.edu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          > So what foods do people like to take that require no or minimal
          > cooling over a weekend?
          >
          > Zenovia

          This is from a LONG time ago (2001) and I've learned a lot since then, but
          here's a place to start...

          http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/Eatng-Pennsic-art.text

          It's an article I wrote that givers our pennsic menu for 1997 and 2000 and
          sources. the 1997 Pennsic was our first event, and it was based on Lord's
          Salt, which is a period Icelandic pickled meat. The 2000 Pennsic was
          based on salted meat.

          Hope this helps.
          Bogdan (who is VERY happy that for once the dominant threads are food
          related and not THREAD related, so I can actually contribute)

          Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
          Postdoctoral Fellow
          Department of Biological Sciences
          North Dakota State University
          Stevens Hall
          Fargo, ND 58105
          jeffrey.heilveil@...
        • greygoliard
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Amy Heilveil <amyheilveil@g...>
            wrote:
            > > So what foods do people like to take that require no or minimal
            > > cooling over a weekend?
            >
            > In the files section there is a file titled, "Events without a cooler"
            > containing more information in this vein.

            Including a couple articles I wrote--which were put up without my
            permission :-/

            Whom would I talk to about having them removed?

            Thanks--
            Rufina Cambrensis/D.Peters
          • Amy Heilveil
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
              Rufina Cambrensis/D.Peters,

              Your articles were added by one Sableroseschool in May of 2002 and I
              apologize that they were placed without your permission.

              They have been removed, as per your request.

              Smiles,
              Despina de la nothing supposed to be in there without the author's permission
            • Iain Odlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
                "greygoliard" <dpeters@...> wrote:

                > > In the files section there is a file titled, "Events without a cooler" containing more information in this vein.
                >
                >Including a couple articles I wrote--which were put up without my
                >permission :-/
                >
                >Whom would I talk to about having them removed?

                Your articles are and should be yours to do with as you will, but is there some reason besides spite or wounded pride why you don't wish those on this list to see your articles anymore?

                -Iain