Re: Boning

  • dannw@pathcom.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30 9:53 AM
      Greetings,

      You can get boning of various sorts at:
      http://www.farthingales.on.ca/home.htm
      http://www.grandgarb.com/
      http://www.macdonaldfaber.com/

      Greenberg and Hammer
      24 W. 57th St.
      NY, New York
      212-246-2835 or 1-800-955-5135

      Good luck. : )

      Cheers,
      Gwendoline

      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., MaidenoAnsteorra@a... wrote:
      > I will admit that what I am about to ask about may not be period but
      > I do want some easier way to function. First of all, I need to get
      > some steel boning. Does anyone know where I can get any (even
      > online) that is good but relatively cheap. Also, when I was younger
      > I had to wear hoop skirts for those wonderful debutant things.
      Yeah,
      > chunky little girl (whos a tomboy) trying to be delicate. . .does
      not
      > happen lol. Anyway, I remember that I could remove some of the
      hoops
      > when needed and I would 'hit' the sides of my skirt and the boning
      > would fold. . .'ere go hinged boning. Does anyone know where I can
      > get it? Heck where I can get white (and very good perhaps Rigline)
      > boning (in the casing)? I cannot find any at all!!!
      >

      > Thanks
      > Maiden
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2001
        > Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 05:44:11 -0000
        > From: MaidenoAnsteorra@...
        >Subject: Boning
        >
        >I will admit that what I am about to ask about may not be period but
        >I do want some easier way to function. First of all, I need to get
        >some steel boning. Does anyone know where I can get any (even
        >online) that is good but relatively cheap.

        I tried to post this a while ago, but it apparently didn't get
        through, so here it is again.
        Try www.hedonia.com.au/corsetmaking with the current state of the
        Australian dollar (I'm assuming you're in America) you basicly halve
        the price written (the prices are in Australian dollars) to covert to
        US dollars The mailing costs might get you but once again it will be
        in Australian dollars.
        Failing that try http://www.staylace.com/supplies.htm This is a corset
        oriented site but it has a list of suppliers for things like steel
        boning, corset laces etc. some of them may also have hoopskirt wire,
        or whatever it's called.
        <SNIP>
        Elizabeth

        This has been a public service announcement from the land of stressed
        teenagers known as year twelve, Merici College.