Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 2891

  • DawnsHebog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2005
      In a message dated 6/11/05 10:07:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Now it is possable for a wrap delivered in
      the sca manner to be effective with other wepaons I
      think, for example a mace or possibly a hammer.
      Remember that period swords were not that sharp. There is a reason for the
      word hack.
      The weapons were as much club as blade.
      Chain maille is an amazing armor, it stops damn near all penetration (save
      archery), but it does not stop blunt force trauma.
      The wrap could be used to deliver a crushing blow to the shoulder blade. Even
      if it were only bruised, or cracked, it would get your attention. Also,
      remember the tactic we use of leg 'em and leave 'em? Well, hit a guy full force in
      the back of the head in period, and unconciousness would most likely result.
      I don't see the blow being used to fatality, but for incapacitation, it would
      be a wonderful weapon, and deadly with a two handed mass weapon.

      Hawk

      "The multiplicity of methods of skinning a cat is of little comfort to the
      feline involved."