Re: [Authentic_SCA] For all you authentic junky-fighters out there...

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 11, 2005
      In a message dated 6/9/2005 12:54:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<So my question is, how far do you
      take your authenticity on the field? Do you wear fully period mild
      steel armour, stainless and/or leather, or modern "sports" armour? >>

      I don't fight, but speaking for my husband, he's been working on getting his
      harness more authentic. At this point he has a very authentic 14th century
      rig that he wears primarily for demos and tourney company events, and a
      somewhat less authentic (or at least less elaborate; overall he still looks like
      he stepped off a tomb brass), but still much more so than the average joe,
      harness that he wears for standard SCA fighting. A lot of his stuff is mild; he
      makes sure to oil it after each use.
      He's also been doing a lot of work towards learning more period fighting
      styles and using them when he can.

      Brangwayna