Re: Introduction and a question

  • smcclune@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn" <malvoisine@...>

      There is an SCA household, the Companie of the Golden Lyon, that is
      very authenticity minded, in Denver (SCA - Barony of Caerthe). There
      are a number of members that belong to this list, but I haven't seen
      them posting recently.
      <<<

      I'm still here -- just had Real Life go "FOOM" in a big way (got laid off three weeks ago, started new temp job this morning).

      Nikki wrote:

      > I've been doing 1460-1475 northern Europe (English, Burgundian) lower
      > class re-enactmenting for the past 9 years with several non-SCA
      groups
      > on the East Coast (US). It looks like I will be moving to the Denver,
      > CO area later this summer, and I am wondering if I can actively
      > continue this hobby in some form there via the SCA. Are there any
      > authenticity-minded households within a reasonable distance of Denver
      > (lets say, 500 miles for starters)? My main interest is in textiles,
      > so I'd also be interested in special-interest groups (guilds?)
      related
      > to textiles.
      <<<

      Well, I'm *not* one of the textiles people, but we do have some, and I have a feeling they're gonna be thrilled to have you here! Contact me off-list (smccluneATearthlinkDOTnet) and let me know when you're going to be here!

      Arwen
      Barony of Caerthe, Outlands
      (Denver, CO)
    • Steve Vaught
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
        Nikki,

        Moving to Denver? Say it ain't so. I was hoping to get you to join Lord Grey's. I will miss you horribly.

        Steve

        The goofy guy in Lord Greys

        nprive1 <nprive@...> wrote:
        Hi there everyone!

        I've been doing 1460-1475 northern Europe (English, Burgundian) lower
        class re-enactmenting for the past 9 years with several non-SCA groups
        on the East Coast (US). It looks like I will be moving to the Denver,
        CO area later this summer, and I am wondering if I can actively
        continue this hobby in some form there via the SCA. Are there any
        authenticity-minded households within a reasonable distance of Denver
        (lets say, 500 miles for starters)? My main interest is in textiles,
        so I'd also be interested in special-interest groups (guilds?) related
        to textiles.

        Thanks!
        -Nikki