Re: Introduction and a question

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
      There is an SCA household, the Companie of the Golden Lyon, that is
      very authenticity minded, in Denver (SCA - Barony of Caerthe). There
      are a number of members that belong to this list, but I haven't seen
      them posting recently. I will forward your email to them. I'm in the
      Outlands too, but over your 500 mile limit! And my authenticity
      mindedness is about a 100 years & another country too late (1570's
      Scotland). I don't know about non SCA groups in the area, but I am
      sure you will be welcomed with open arms. I will forward your query to
      a couple of members of the household.
      Cheers,
      Margaret Hepburn
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "nprive1" <nprive@m...> wrote:
      > Hi there everyone!
      >
      > I've been doing 1460-1475 northern Europe (English, Burgundian) lower
      > class re-enactmenting for the past 9 years with several non-SCA
      groups
      > on the East Coast (US). It looks like I will be moving to the Denver,
      > CO area later this summer, and I am wondering if I can actively
      > continue this hobby in some form there via the SCA. Are there any
      > authenticity-minded households within a reasonable distance of Denver
      > (lets say, 500 miles for starters)? My main interest is in textiles,
      > so I'd also be interested in special-interest groups (guilds?)
      related

    • smcclune@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
        There is an SCA household, the Companie of the Golden Lyon, that is
        very authenticity minded, in Denver (SCA - Barony of Caerthe). There
        are a number of members that belong to this list, but I haven't seen
        them posting recently.
        <<<

        I'm still here -- just had Real Life go "FOOM" in a big way (got laid off three weeks ago, started new temp job this morning).

        Nikki wrote:

        > I've been doing 1460-1475 northern Europe (English, Burgundian) lower
        > class re-enactmenting for the past 9 years with several non-SCA
        groups
        > on the East Coast (US). It looks like I will be moving to the Denver,
        > CO area later this summer, and I am wondering if I can actively
        > continue this hobby in some form there via the SCA. Are there any
        > authenticity-minded households within a reasonable distance of Denver
        > (lets say, 500 miles for starters)? My main interest is in textiles,
        > so I'd also be interested in special-interest groups (guilds?)
        related
        > to textiles.
        <<<

        Well, I'm *not* one of the textiles people, but we do have some, and I have a feeling they're gonna be thrilled to have you here! Contact me off-list (smccluneATearthlinkDOTnet) and let me know when you're going to be here!

        Arwen
        Barony of Caerthe, Outlands
        (Denver, CO)
      • Steve Vaught
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
          Nikki,

          Moving to Denver? Say it ain't so. I was hoping to get you to join Lord Grey's. I will miss you horribly.

          Steve

          The goofy guy in Lord Greys