Re: Blankets

  • nprive1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2005
      > I have a general question that I trust someone has an answer to.
      What were common bed coverings in Western Europe in the Middle ages?
      Sheets, Blankets, Pillows/Bolsters. Does anyone know of extent
      examples? Were might I start this particular
      investigation?...suggestons anyone?

      I recommend _The Book of Fine Linen_ by FRANCOISE DE BONNEVILLE as an
      overview - you may be able to find it thru ILL. It has lengthy
      discussions of the history of household linens (mostly focusing on
      hemp, linen, and cotton items), and makes a nice overview. The
      illustrations are mouthwatering, too :)

      MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE SIGN YOUR POSTS