Fun at music

  • kenduskeagstream
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2005
      Last night, our music group held practice. We started work on Sumer Is
      Icumen In. I had brought a version of it to practice. Only one member
      of our group had sung it before. The version she had used was slightly
      different. I also brought a copy of the manuscript I found on line.
      We compared the manuscript to my version, and delared my version more
      accurate. I didn't bring enough copies of my version for everyone, so
      she sang it from the manuscript!

      This was particularly fun because our group has lately been discussing
      how authentic we want to be. There was much discussion about how hard
      it would be to figure out music ourselves and that we really must soley
      rely on others to translate it into notation we can work with. While
      that is still true in part, last night we proved that we CAN do it and
      we can have FUN doing it. WooHoo!

      Margaret