Re: [Authentic_SCA] Horse in Europe

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2005
      On 5/26/05, Amy Heilveil <amyheilveil@...> wrote:
      > > I looked and the Met DOES have a catalogue available on "The armored
      > > horse in Europe". For non members its 12.95 a copy. Lorenzo

      After looking at the Met's website for special exhibits, the books it
      comes up with are:

      Arms & Armor From the Permanent Collection
      Member Price: $11.65
      Non-Member Price: $12.95 (which is shown as the catalogue for this
      exhibit, unless I'm reading incorrectly)

      Arms and Armor: Notable Acquisitions 1991–2002
      Member Price: $7.16
      Non-Member Price: $7.95

      Heroic Armor of the Italian Renaissance Filippo Negroli and His Contemporaries
      Member Price: $26.95
      Non-Member Price: $29.95

      Resplendence of the Spanish Monarchy: Renaissance Tapestries and Armor
      from the Patrimonio Nacional
      Member Price: $31.50
      Non-Member Price: $35.00

      None of these are specific to the exhibit, but it would be my guess
      that the first has all of the pieces that they're willing to
      photograph in it (and those are included in the exhibit). So this
      makes it appear as if they don't have a new catalogue dedicated to the
      exhibit but they are touting the catalogue that contains more of the
      items on display than any other they currently have.... unless Ann
      discovers something else on her trip there....

      Smiles,
      Despina