Re: A&S Tokens

  • Elsa Cumming
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2005
      I am new to the SCA. Why do you leave tokens at A&S displays? Are they for the displays you like or something else?

      I am just curious.

      Elsa(mundane)
      Antir

    • Lady Ro
      Message 2 of 5 , May 23, 2005
        I leave tokens as messangers of encouragement, to exclaim that someone found
        this work to be most excellent and as a thank you for the artisan sharing
        their talent with me, even in a small way.

        Ro
        Bright Hills, Atlantia

        > I am new to the SCA. Why do you leave tokens at A&S displays? Are they for
        the displays you like or something else?

        > I am just curious.
        >
        > Elsa(mundane)
        > Antir
      • Katherine Throckmorton
        Message 3 of 5 , May 23, 2005

          > I am new to the SCA. Why do you leave tokens at A&S displays? Are
          > they for the displays you like or something else?

          There are some events where people are given the opportunity to display items that they have made so that the general populace, not just A&S judges can have a look at their work. Sometimes this is done as a "Artisans Showcase" at a larger event, and sometimes there will be a time set aside for populace viewing of entrys.
          Sometimes people (generally these are people who are either Laurels or heavily involved in the Arts) will leave a small token next to items that they find especially cool.

          -Katherine

          http://datingsearch.lycos.com
        • Cynthia J Ley
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23, 2005
            They're a way of expressing appreciation for an artisan's work. More
            typically, it is Laurels who do this.

            Welcome to the SCA! Where in An Tir do you hail from?

            Arlys, OL, OP
            Shire of Dragon's Mist, An Tir

            MODERATOR NOTE: Please snip previous posts.
          • Lyle H. Gray
            Message 5 of 5 , May 24, 2005
              On Mon, 23 May 2005, Cynthia J Ley wrote:

              > They're a way of expressing appreciation for an artisan's
              > work. More typically, it is Laurels who do this.

              While it is more typical, it certainly isn't exclusively the
              Laurels who do this.

              Regards,
              Lyle FitzWilliam
              (not a Laurel)