Re: Reason for renfairs

  • Huette von Ahrens
    Message 1 of 10 , May 21, 2005
      I just got out the program I got from the "3rd Annual"
      RPF, and it is dated 1968. The first one in 1966 was
      in Agoura. The second one was in 1967 in Orange
      County, somewhere. I believe that they had to shut
      down the fair early because the Orange County sheriffs
      were constantly harassing them because they thought
      that the RPF were all pot-smoking, drug-dealing
      hippies. The third one moved back to Agoura because
      the LA County sheriffs were much more open minded
      about the fair.

      Huette

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail