Re: Artisans gallery at Kalamazoo

  • faena0216
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2005
      I, too, am unable to attend this year.

      However, samples and some of the newsletters from Complex Weaver's
      Medieval Textiles Study Group will be there for all to peruse.

      It sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope those going will report
      back.

      Peace,
      Nancy

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
      <eastarch@y...> wrote:
      > This will be my first year going to Kalamazoo. I am looking forward
      > seeing the DISTAFF seminars.
      >
      > Nest
    • Sharon L. Krossa
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2005
        At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
        >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis Terrarum of
        >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.

        I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and other)
        clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)

        Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
        clothing she wasn't aware of...
        --
        Sharon L. Krossa, skrossa-ml@...
      • Jane Stockton
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2005
          At 07:21 PM 3/05/2005, you wrote:
          >At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
          > >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis Terrarum of
          > >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.
          >
          >I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and other)
          >clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)
          >
          >Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
          >clothing she wasn't aware of...

          Picky, picky! ;-)

          I realise that that is a more appropriate title, but that wouldn't fit in
          the subject line!

          I hope you find the images useful.

          Cheers,
          Jane
        • Elizabeth Walpole
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2005
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jane Stockton
            <jane_stockton@w...> wrote:
            > At 07:21 PM 3/05/2005, you wrote:
            > >At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
            > > >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis
            Terrarum of
            > > >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.
            > >
            > >I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and
            other)
            > >clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)
            > >
            > >Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
            > >clothing she wasn't aware of...
            >
            > Picky, picky! ;-)
            >
            > I realise that that is a more appropriate title, but that wouldn't
            fit in
            > the subject line!
            >
            > I hope you find the images useful.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Jane

            Just change English to British, the concept of the British Isles as
            connected and related exixted in our period even if Britain didn't
            exist as a country.
            Elizabeth