Re: Artisans gallery at Kalamazoo

  • Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Chris Laning <claning@i...> wrote:
      > If anyone's going to be at the International Congress on Medieval
      > Studies at Kalamazoo this coming week, I wanted to mention that
      > DISTAFF (the group that sponsors textile sessions) will be holding
      > an open "Artisans' gallery" at Kalamazoo this year...

      Yup. I'm taking a break from typing up my display captions.

      Unfortunately I'm poor at recognizing names, although curiously I have
      less of a problem recognizing email addresses :)

      Hope to see lots of people there.

      Marc/Diarmaid
    • Nest verch Tangwistel
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2005
        This will be my first year going to Kalamazoo. I am looking forward to
        seeing the DISTAFF seminars.

        Nest
      • Jane Stockton
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2005
          Hi All,

          I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis Terrarum of
          Middle Class (and other) English clothing.

          http://needleprayse.webcon.net.au/research/middle_class_elizabethan_clothing.html

          The towns included are:

          Cambridge
          Canterbury
          Edinburgh
          London
          Nonesuch Palace
          Nonesuch Palace
          Norwich
          Windsor

          Cheers,
          Jane
        • faena0216
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2005
            I, too, am unable to attend this year.

            However, samples and some of the newsletters from Complex Weaver's
            Medieval Textiles Study Group will be there for all to peruse.

            It sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope those going will report
            back.

            Peace,
            Nancy

            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
            <eastarch@y...> wrote:
            > This will be my first year going to Kalamazoo. I am looking forward
            > seeing the DISTAFF seminars.
            >
            > Nest
          • Sharon L. Krossa
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2005
              At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
              >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis Terrarum of
              >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.

              I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and other)
              clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)

              Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
              clothing she wasn't aware of...
              --
              Sharon L. Krossa, skrossa-ml@...
            • Jane Stockton
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2005
                At 07:21 PM 3/05/2005, you wrote:
                >At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
                > >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis Terrarum of
                > >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.
                >
                >I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and other)
                >clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)
                >
                >Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
                >clothing she wasn't aware of...

                Picky, picky! ;-)

                I realise that that is a more appropriate title, but that wouldn't fit in
                the subject line!

                I hope you find the images useful.

                Cheers,
                Jane
              • Elizabeth Walpole
                Message 7 of 12 , May 3, 2005
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jane Stockton
                  <jane_stockton@w...> wrote:
                  > At 07:21 PM 3/05/2005, you wrote:
                  > >At 9:08 AM +1000 5/3/05, Jane Stockton wrote:
                  > > >I've just created a new page with images from Civitates Orbis
                  Terrarum of
                  > > >Middle Class (and other) English clothing.
                  > >
                  > >I think that should be "Middle Class (and other) English (and
                  other)
                  > >clothing", as Edinburgh is in Scotland, not England ;-)
                  > >
                  > >Effrick, delighted to discover an image of pre-modern Scottish
                  > >clothing she wasn't aware of...
                  >
                  > Picky, picky! ;-)
                  >
                  > I realise that that is a more appropriate title, but that wouldn't
                  fit in
                  > the subject line!
                  >
                  > I hope you find the images useful.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Jane

                  Just change English to British, the concept of the British Isles as
                  connected and related exixted in our period even if Britain didn't
                  exist as a country.
                  Elizabeth