Aztec costume

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2005
      I'm teaching a unit on the Aztecs right now, and have become (naturally),
      fascinated with the clothes. (Look awful comfy for summer events.) Will probably
      never do anything with this, but I have a question. In all the codex pictures,
      all the women seem to have their blouses fastened at the neck with a red
      rectangle. What am I looking at? One book I got for the kids showed it as a
      brooch--made of what? All the women had the same one? Is it sewn on? Does anybody
      know? (Does anybody care?)

      Raquel

    • ladynorelle
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        Sir Ix has an Aztec persona, and I might be a little biased being
        family, but I think he's pretty darn good with it. He's going to know
        more about men's clothing than woman's, but it's worth a shot. His
        email is knight@.... Tell him his sister sez "hi!"

        and I'm kinda curious now myself. Can you let us know when you get an
        answer?

        Norelle