Re: Lebkuchen...

  • femme delyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 7:40 AM
      No,I haven't read that.I haven't had much luck since generally I've been using the public library,which despite having 84 branches and me working there, doesn't have much on German cookery not to mention Medieval stuff.(Also I can't really usually buy books so have to go with what libraries have). I will pursue this book.I gave the disclaimer since I had no facts to back up my opinion.I actually have a really great recipe that we use to make lebkuchen,from Nurnberg,since that's where my family's from.Thanks for the info.
      yours,
      Johanna

      Johanna,

      You obviously haven't read or seen Sabina Welserin's
      cookbook, from 1553. She has several lebkuchen
      recipes in it, including one called Lebkuchen from
      Nurmberg.

      http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html