Ottoman Links Page

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2005
      I don't know if there are other folks with Near or Middle Eastern
      personae lurking here, but just in case...

      I've recently put up a page of links to Ottoman sources on the net,
      along with a few book titles, on my web site, Dar Anahita:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Costuming/OttomanLinks.html

      Most of the links are to Ottoman art and surviving garments. There
      are also a few sites with patterns. Of course, I'm always happy to
      learn about more, so if you have some good ones, please let me know...

      Not all of these sites are scrupulously SCA-period authentic, but
      most are worth looking at. So many SCA Near and Middle Easterners
      wear clothes that are not only blatantly OOP for the SCA, but
      downright modern or even drawn from fantasy. I wanted to have a place
      that offered a range of sources, from truly historical to peri-oid
      for the timid or those not fully committed to historical accuracy.

      If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, problems,
      complaints, etc. with the page or any of the links on it, please,
      write me...
      --
      Urtatim, formerly Anahita