Cabnitry?

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2001
      Has anyone seen either pictures of 14/15th Cent. Cabinets, or have a
      favorite painter (preferably German) who has one in the background from
      that time period? I need to do some carpentry...

      Cu drag,
      Bogdan

      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      Ecotourism: Having people pay money to see exotic INSECTS in THEIR native
      habitats

      Ecoterrorism: Having PEOPLE pay money to _not_ see exotic insects in THEIR
      native habitats
      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
      Department of Entomology A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
      University of Illinois
      heilveil@...
      home: (217) 355-5702
    • Laurie Hupman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2001
        In "Constructing Medieval Furniture" there is a lovely
        kitchen cabinet that I've been anxiously trying to
        acquire for a couple of years now.

        Admittedly, I know absolutely jack about woodworking,
        and almost without exception, the people who do that I
        have spoken to feel this book is not worth the paper
        it's printed on. However, as a pictoral guide, I
        suspect it's not that bad. It's the construction
        methods that seem to be a real issue.

        Rose

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • rowengr@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 9:01 AM
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil <heilveil@u...> wrote:
          > Has anyone seen either pictures of 14/15th Cent. Cabinets, or have a
          > favorite painter (preferably German) who has one in the background
          from
          > that time period? I need to do some carpentry...
          >
          > Cu drag,
          > Bogdan

          This was forwarded to the Outlands list in response to someone else's
          (?) question about furniture building.

          >Stadt im Wandel: Kunst und Kultur des B├╝rgetums in Norddeutchland
          >1150-1650
          >Aussletellungkatalog/herausgegeben von (edited by) Cord Meckeper.
          > Braunschweigischer Landesmuseum, 1985. ISBN 392260837x
          >
          >Get it on Inter Library loan, it's a FOUR book set, of a extensive
          >museum exhibit, so it's ALL extant pieces, of ALL kinds of German
          >pieces from beads, clothing, metal to glass, to wood, housing
          >blueprints and city plans.
          >
          >I own a set, there is quite a bit of woodwork in it. It's
          >spectacular. I got my copy via a search on addall.com. If you do
          >german anythign I highly recommend it.
          >
          >Unless you read german or want picture of house and old maps, you
          >could just get books 1&2. 3&4 are almost entirely text. 1&2 got
          >laurels running around screeching with joy.

          >for excellent pictures and text on extant furniture I highly
          >recommend "Oak Furniture: The British Tradition," by Victor
          >Chinnery. It's out of print, and used copies are seldom cheap (I
          >got mine via Bookfinder.com) but over 600 pages, and over half the
          >examples discussed are pre-1600.

          Hope this is of use.

          Rowen