Re: [Authentic_SCA] Need help helping others. Medieval Indian Garb

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2005
      Bogdan:

      >My issues start at the shiny melty "fabric" substance in which no bug >spit
      >was harmed...

      Assuming that the fabric is acutally synthetic (Indian silks tend to be really shiny), these ladies may just need to be pointed to a better supplier.  Sari Safari (www.sarisafari.com) has some very nice silks and cottons at reasonable prices.

      Of course, if you don't know the people in question well, offering unsolicited suggestions about someone else's garb is always fraught with difficulty.  This often goes double in a situation like the one you are mentioning, where the people are persuing an interest in a non-mainstream-SCA culture.  This may be a case where your best bet is to grit your teeth and hope they grow a clue :)  But if you do decide to approach them, tread lightly.

      What else, other than the choice of fabric, strikes you as "modern"?

      in service,
      Asma

      Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Biological Sciences
      North Dakota State University
      Stevens Hall
      Fargo, ND 58105
      jeffrey.heilveil@...

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

         Cariodoc's Maxim: Don't let the Best be the enemy of the Good.

      http://datingsearch.lycos.com