desserts

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hi all.

      The dessert board I did for last weekend came out pretty well, so
      thanks for all of the suggestions on the food dyes.

      The saffron and parsley boiled sugar candies I used for making my
      mosaic pieces worked well. The saffron had a REALLY strong flavor
      because of how much I needed to use to get a strong yellow--not
      something I would want to eat a lot of. The parsley didn't come out
      very dark, but it had an interesting flavor that I liked better than
      the saffron. The pomegranate for the purple was problematic. In
      spite of bringing it to the proper temperature, it remained sticky
      and didn't cool to a hard crack. I had problems getting it off of
      the foil I had poured it on (and got several great suggestions for
      avoiding this if I ever do it again).

      I'm still waiting for folks to send me copies of the pictures they
      took. Since I sprained my knee on the way out the door ("SNAP!" is
      not a sound you ever want your joints to make!), I didn't go back for
      my camera. I'll post them when I get them.

      Oh, and Kass, there are plenty of those gilded dates left!

      Isabeau