RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Reed "boning" washable? WAS English jacket

  • Wanda Pease
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 6, 2005
      Hysterical laughter! Mary Taran, as if I needed any evidence that we come
      from the same time and place. My alternate persona is Baroness Alice by
      deBolt. It is always so much easier to figure out the price of 10 yards of
      fabric than to wrestle with whether or not I will have enough. The same
      rule applied in my home of Drachenwald from its inception. 10 yards or All
      of it!

      Regina Romsey
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 7, 2005
        I had a sneaky suspition that's what we were talking about. I have,
        oh, maybe twenty pounds of the stuff laying around my house right
        this minute. Having never made anything with boning, I'm only
        guessing here, but I would think you'd have lots and lots left over
        from the coil when you were done. When you do decide to break down
        and buy some, let me know. I can either just mail you some that I
        have (if I have the right size at the right time) or direct you to
        one of my online suppliers, where you'll save some cash.

        Norelle, whose eyes always bug out of her head when she see anyone
        selling/buying reed for more than six bucks a pound

        > See www.caning.com. Kass said she used the 1mm in bunches for one
        > corset, and 2 lengths of 1/4" split for another.
        >
        > My calculations indicate that the 1/4 part of the narrow foot om my
        > sewing machine will make channels which will hold a 5/32 diameter
        > cane, (doing this from memory, I think that's right) so that's
        > probably what I'll be getting.
        >
        > Gillian (who really needs to quit using purchases as an excuse for
        > not getting off *her* lazy rear, and start *making* something)
        Durham