Re: leather cloak

  • Marybeth Lavrakas
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
      There's a surviving pilgrim's outfit (cloak, tall hat,
      other pieces) that I'm pretty sure is made of leather
      (and looks just like an illustration in Patterns of
      Fashion). The museum is in Germany? Austria? Oh, drat
      it. I hope someone else knows what I'm talking about!!

      Lady Kateryn Rous, CP
      House Broussard
      Windmasters Hill
      http://sca.livingpast.com
    • Wanda Pease
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
        Cloak is in the German Museum in Nuremberg.
        http://www.gnm.de/English/H11.htm It is definitely leather, as I have seen
        the whole outfit in that museum. It 's not a bunch of random patches
        though. It was made from one, possibly two hides made very soft and thin
        and then decorated with matching embroidery. If you are thinking of a
        patchwork cape, this isn't one.

        Regina