Leather Cloaks

  • Noble Field
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2005
      In the recently released movie THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, a supurbly
      done production, Bassanio, played by Joseph Fiennes, is seen wearing a
      cloak made of leather pieces. I have long been waiting for an
      inspiration while saving appropriate weight pieces of leather. I now
      have my inspiration. What I cannot find is documentation, pictures,
      references to, or ANY information as to whether this was a truly period
      garment. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Bre'nain
      MacGilla Pa'traic