Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Latin marriage service?

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2005
      Effric wrote:

      >Perhaps the web pages source may make it clearer: _Documents of the
      >Marriage Liturgy_  by Mark Searle, Kenneth W. Stevenson
      >(Collegeville, Minn.: Liturgical P, 1992).

      Thanks!  I was just about to try to find this title.  This book is a excellent source on wedding ceremonies.  As I recall, they only give the translation of the actual documents, but the bibliography is excellent and will guide you to the original source.
      Before each liturgy there is a introduction explaining where/when it was used, and what it reflects about changes in ideas about marriage.
      -Katherine

      http://datingsearch.lycos.com