Re: quick & comfortable camping garb

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 31, 2005
      > I'll let you know when I get MINE finished. It occurred to me that
      > attempting to fit the thing without the right underpinnings would be
      > counter productive. About half of the boning for the underbodice is
      > done at this point.....
      >
      > Jehanne

      Okay, giving friends heart attacks at the office is not fair. You're
      wearing something with boning?!? Saints preserve us, the apocalypse is
      near! <grin> Now if I could just convince Mared...

      BTW, for those who gave me ideas for colorants, I decided that since I
      was doing things so far ahead of time, and the medium that worked best
      was raw egg yolk, to go with commercial dyes for the marzipan for food
      safety issues. However, the hard sugar candy I'm doing is with parsley
      for green, beets for purple and saffron for yellow. Tonight we're
      guilding some of the marzipan with gold and silver (edible of course).
      I'll make sure someone takes pictures of the dessert board and post
      them sometime next week.

      Also BTW, the apple tarts from "Guter Spice" are really good! I did
      them in muffin tins to make individual tarts and they came out
      perfectly.

      Isabeau
    • ladynorelle
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 7 11:28 AM
        I had a sneaky suspition that's what we were talking about. I have,
        oh, maybe twenty pounds of the stuff laying around my house right
        this minute. Having never made anything with boning, I'm only
        guessing here, but I would think you'd have lots and lots left over
        from the coil when you were done. When you do decide to break down
        and buy some, let me know. I can either just mail you some that I
        have (if I have the right size at the right time) or direct you to
        one of my online suppliers, where you'll save some cash.

        Norelle, whose eyes always bug out of her head when she see anyone
        selling/buying reed for more than six bucks a pound

        > See www.caning.com. Kass said she used the 1mm in bunches for one
        > corset, and 2 lengths of 1/4" split for another.
        >
        > My calculations indicate that the 1/4 part of the narrow foot om my
        > sewing machine will make channels which will hold a 5/32 diameter
        > cane, (doing this from memory, I think that's right) so that's
        > probably what I'll be getting.
        >
        > Gillian (who really needs to quit using purchases as an excuse for
        > not getting off *her* lazy rear, and start *making* something)
        Durham