Re: [Authentic_SCA] Cotton Batting for arming jacket/etc

  • kittencat3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
      Even better: Harriett Hargraves 100% organic cotton batting. It's similar to Warm & Natural but has no scrim so is completely natural. It's terrific for quilting, if a bit on the expensive side, and is about as close as you're going to get to authentic batting without ginning your own cotton.

      Sarah Davies
    • Pete McKee
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, kittencat3@a... wrote:
        > Even better: Harriett Hargraves 100% organic cotton batting.
        It's similar to Warm & Natural but has no scrim so is completely
        natural. It's terrific for quilting, if a bit on the expensive
        side, and is about as close as you're going to get to authentic
        batting without ginning your own cotton.

        > Sarah Davies

        Thanks for that information! Are there any nationally known places
        that carry it? We have Micheals Arts & Crafts, Ben Franklin, JoAnne
        Fabrics and a few others in our area. Don't know if they are
        national or regional chains.

        Take care,
        Pete McKee
      • kittencat3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
          I got a queen size batt on Ebay. It can also be ordered from your local quilting store, which is where I'd go first - quilt shop owners are almost always quilters themselves, and very knowledgeable about their products.

          Good luck!

          Sarah Davies