Lewis Chessmen

  • Jenn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      I have found reproductions of the Lewis Chessmen, but none w/ the
      berserker chewing on his shield. Has anyone found that one in a set? I
      would love to have him. <G>
      --

      ____
      Jennifer Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jenn <aelfgifu@c...> wrote:

        > I have found reproductions of the Lewis Chessmen, but none w/ the
        > berserker chewing on his shield. Has anyone found that one in a
        set? I
        > would love to have him. <G>
        > --
        >
        > ____
        > Jennifer Hill
        > Ælfgifu
        > House Red Stag/Cynn Readheort

        I bought a single berserker in the gift shop of the Royal Museum /
        Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. I don't think the berserker was in
        the sets they had there and in the British Museum, but the RM museum
        shop may be able to help you there. The berserkers were only
        available in white IIRC. I guess you could always buy a set and two
        extra white berserkers in the same size and swap the ones that come
        with the set for the berserkers. Only, the red side may then feel a
        little disadvantaged psychologically ;-)
        See
        http://www.nms.ac.uk/royal/index.asp?m=1&s=4&ss=2
        for the museum shop's page.

        Hope that helps!