RE: [Authentic_SCA] corded petticote questions

  • Rob Lewis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      When my wife made her first one for civil war use we used one long piece of
      cord, at the end of each "hoop" I had it cross over and drop down to the
      next hoop, there was very little gap in the casing for the cord to enter and
      leave.

      Another solution would be to sew the ends together, just overlap them by 2"
      or so, and stich through them so they are sewn together.

      We were using fairly stiff jute cord, so that may have been less bulky then
      whatever you are using.

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        "msgilliandurham" wrote:

        > How do you connect and/or finish the ends of the cord hoops? I
        keep
        > thinking you need to splice them somehow, or you will have a big
        > lump where the two ends come together and overlap,

        An alternative to this is to spiral your cord. A friend of mine made
        a corded petticoat with the cording spiralling around the skirt, and
        it worked a treat - the slight angle of the cord casing really isn't
        apparrent, and she said she found it much easier to put together.

        Cheers,
        Hunydd