Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 2775

  • DawnsHebog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2005
      In a message dated 2/22/05 2:24:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Any help / directions in which to look would be appreciated :-)
      Joannah
      Have you thought of purchasing the layout boards many fabric stores sell?
      This is about two yards long, and one and a half wide, and marked in a one
      inch grid with the bias running thru it.
      Some large tablet paper (18x22, or so), and you only need block trace (graph
      like in elementary school) your pattern.
      I use standard weight tracing paper, or sketch paper of this size for most
      patterns, and once perfected transfer them to a thim poster weight paper (not
      poster board as this si heavy, and does not unfold well).
      By taping the paper together for length, or width you can create some
      amazingly sized patterns from the graph method.
      Imagine, I once took a clear plastic grid (4/inch) and graphed a pair of
      braccae to my size (32 waist), and then to my friend (58 waist).
      If you just want to use the grid paper itself, no matter what, check a local
      blue print, or office supply company (I find my sword strapping at Office
      Depot in bulk). Many suppliers have desk pads in many size grids.
      Hawk