RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: random SCA heraldry question

  • Terri Morgan
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 23, 2005
      > ... However, I haven't heard any herald suggesting that
      > women should use lozenges in many, many years.
      > --Kareina

      I can vouch for that! When I registered my device our Kingdom Herald told me
      that as a woman, it would be "more butch" (her phrase for "boy, that's
      recognisable and strong") if it were on a lozenge. I was all for it and
      designed mine so it would best use the shape... years later, the tune had
      changed and I found myself arguing with her that it be shown that way -
      she'd advised the scribe who'd made my Pelican scroll to do it on a heater
      "since any shape is correct" and was vexed that I was dismayed to see the
      awkward, nasty looking thing. We've since stopped talking about it. But
      lozenges have nearly disappeared, so far as I know, in Atlantia due to the
      strong disinclination of the Heralds group to suggest/support them.

      Hrothny