Re: [Authentic_SCA] cradle quilt (was seal ring replicas...)

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      In a message dated 1/30/2005 7:03:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      And in case you're furnishing a virtual period nursery for the little one,
      here's what a young noble might have slept under in the 1500s....

      http://www.artisans-showcase.org/east/items/i_h_000065/index.html

      [and for the curious...yes, that's what I did on my summer vacation...]

      It's lovely - and you must have a much longer summer vacation than I do!

      Brangwayna

    • Lyle H. Gray
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 bronwynmgn@... wrote:

        > [ Sarah Davies wrote ]
        >> And in case you're furnishing a virtual period nursery for
        >> the little one, here's what a young noble might have slept
        >> under in the 1500s....
        >>
        >> http://www.artisans-showcase.org/east/items/i_h_000065/index.html
        >>
        >> [and for the curious...yes, that's what I did on my summer
        >> vacation...]
        >
        > It's lovely - and you must have a much longer summer vacation
        > than I do!

        She's a madwoman I tell you, a madwoman! ;-)

        She works on her quilting during baronial meetings.

        She works on her quilting during choir practice.

        She works on her quilting before dinner.

        She works on her quilting after dinner.

        I haven't _seen_ her work on her quilting during dinner, but...

        She's a madwoman!

        ;-) ;-) ;-)

        Lyle

        --
        Lyle H. Gray
        gray@... -- text only, please
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          > I haven't _seen_ her work on her quilting during dinner, but...

          Bite your tongue! You don't put that much work on silk anywhere near
          food! BTW, she also works on her quilting during order meetings (but
          then again, half of the maunche meeting had some form of needlework
          in their hands). I think the only time I stopped seeing her with it
          at Pennsic was after the mud arrived.

          I can attest that it is even more lovely in person than in the photos
          and that silk is oh so yummy!

          Isabeau (who will wait to do padded work until AFTER she finishes her
          smocking piece)
        • Lady_Lark_Azure
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005

          • kittencat3@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
              Thanks, Isobeau! And you're right - after the sea o' mud engulfed the camp, there was no way I was risking the silk by taking it out of its bag. I worked on it during Worldcon, though :D

              Sarah