Re: [Authentic_SCA] Dress in Anglo-Saxon England

  • Jane Stockton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2005
      At 09:10 AM 1/02/2005, you wrote:

      >Quite a bit about the ivory ring pouches... seems that she identifies them
      >with "cunning women" (magic) of the pagan period.
      >
      >I still haven't finished the book. It's a slow read and takes some time to
      >get through. There is some on tablet woven band decoration, but I don't
      >remember much about embroidery. I'll re-check and let you know.
      >
      >What part of the world are you in? I'd be glad to bring the book to an
      >event so that you could get a look for yourself. I'll be in Ft. Smith,
      >Arkansas in a couple of weeks or at Gulf Wars in March.
      >
      >Beth

      Beth,

      I'm from the Deep South -- Australia!! So thanks but I don't think we
      will be in the same hemisphere any time soon!!

      Interesting that she associates the pouches with cunning women, I'd like to
      know her reasoning. But at this stage I'm more interested in construction,
      particularly the cut of the fabric.

      Cheers,
      Jane