Re: [Authentic_SCA] men's hose

  • James Prescott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      At 21:31 -0800 2005-01-28, Jenn wrote:
      > I've been approached by a young man of my acquaintance to make footed
      > hose. Now, I think I have the foot part clear... I'll find out tomorrow.
      > But, I was wondering about the effects of wool rubbing the inner thigh
      > of someone who probably doesn't experience that on a daily basis. <G>
      > Is there evidence of lining hose in these more sensitive areas?
      > These are separate hose, not joined.

      I have worn separate hose (with a top hem with brass grommets and
      points to complicate matters). There's some light abrasion from one
      leg to the other, but nothing that I worried about, and nothing that
      would have been fixed by lining the hose.

      The abrasion was from, for example, the left hose rubbing higher up
      the right thigh than the top of the right hose, and vice versa when
      one's posture changed.

      Thorvald