RE: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 2748 / Trimming posts

  • Mark Bush (personal account)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2005
      Certainly! This is a "trimmed post". Otherwise, I would have just responded
      and included the entire body of the Digest which would have added about 500
      lines of text that we ALL have already read.
      <rant>
      The point is to give your response a context, which helps readers make sense
      of it. This is done adequately by including ONLY the specific message to
      which you are replying. Even better, only that PART of the message to which
      you are responding. No one wants to read reruns all day in hopes that they
      will find something new.
      </rant>
      Wm of Glencoe
      <previous text deleted for brevity>

      Message: 14
      Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:50:38 -0800 (PST)
      From: Bre'nain / Noble <noble@...>
      Subject: Re: Please trim posts

      Mark.... Some, or perhaps many, people are not well versed in computer
      geekdom. Would you show, tell, explain, demonstrate... how to 'trim'
      posts? Noble/Bre'nain

      When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
      clothes.
      [Desiderius Erasmus, Dutch Humanist and Theologian (1524-1583)]