Re: Gifts?

  • sue_clemenger
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
      Books! I got books!
      My friend, Mst. Annys gave me two cookbooks--a copy of Two Fifteenth
      Century Cookery Books, and Markham's _English Housewife_.
      And I got for myself two more books (on order through Amazon)...the
      English version of _Woven Into The Earth_, and the new edition of Gale
      Owen-Crocker's book on Dress in Anglo-Saxon Clothing.
      --maire

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "glaukopisathene"
      <phoenissa@n...> wrote:

      > Always an interesting topic for discussion...did anyone get any
      > truly exceptional (and SCA-related, naturally) holiday presents this
      > year?
    • Jenn
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
        > the
        >> English version of _Woven Into The Earth_, and the new edition of Gale
        >> Owen-Crocker's book on Dress in Anglo-Saxon Clothing.
        >> --maire

        Oh, Oh. I am utterly green [a lovely green, of course]! I really want
        Owen-Crocker.
        Tell me more about Woven into The Earth, please! Ælfgifu
      • sue_clemenger
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
          I'd be glad to, but they're not living with me yet, and won't be until
          mid-month at the earliest. *sigh*
          I'll share when they do arrive, though!
          --maire

          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jenn <aelfgifu@c...> wrote:

          > Oh, Oh. I am utterly green [a lovely green, of course]! I really want
          > Owen-Crocker.
          > Tell me more about Woven into The Earth, please! Ælfgifu
        • azilisarmor
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 4, 2005
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, John Stewart <jtstewart@o...>
            wrote:

            > Which book on sundials? Details please.
            > Cheers
            > John of the Hills

            Rohr - *Sundials - history, theory and practice*
            It's a Dover reprint. I like it for the spherical trig, though it's
            lacking much early-period info.

            Deroch