Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Gifts?

  • John Stewart
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
      Which book on sundials? Details please.
      Cheers
      John of the Hills

      At 05:10 AM 29/12/04 +0000, you wrote:

      >--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "glaukopisathene"
      ><phoenissa@n...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Always an interesting topic for discussion...did anyone get any
      > > truly exceptional (and SCA-related, naturally) holiday presents
      >this
      > > year?
      >
      >I requested (and got!) a thorough book on sundials, from which it
      >should be possible to backfill and make one using period
      >construction techniques.
      >Geometry is our friend.
      >
      >Deroch

    • sue_clemenger
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
        Books! I got books!
        My friend, Mst. Annys gave me two cookbooks--a copy of Two Fifteenth
        Century Cookery Books, and Markham's _English Housewife_.
        And I got for myself two more books (on order through Amazon)...the
        English version of _Woven Into The Earth_, and the new edition of Gale
        Owen-Crocker's book on Dress in Anglo-Saxon Clothing.
        --maire

        <phoenissa@n...> wrote:

        > Always an interesting topic for discussion...did anyone get any
        > truly exceptional (and SCA-related, naturally) holiday presents this
        > year?
      • Jenn
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
          > the
          >> English version of _Woven Into The Earth_, and the new edition of Gale
          >> Owen-Crocker's book on Dress in Anglo-Saxon Clothing.
          >> --maire

          Oh, Oh. I am utterly green [a lovely green, of course]! I really want
          Owen-Crocker.
          Tell me more about Woven into The Earth, please! Ælfgifu
        • sue_clemenger
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
            I'd be glad to, but they're not living with me yet, and won't be until
            mid-month at the earliest. *sigh*
            I'll share when they do arrive, though!
            --maire

            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jenn <aelfgifu@c...> wrote:

            > Oh, Oh. I am utterly green [a lovely green, of course]! I really want
            > Owen-Crocker.
            > Tell me more about Woven into The Earth, please! Ælfgifu
          • azilisarmor
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 4, 2005
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, John Stewart <jtstewart@o...>
              wrote:

              > Which book on sundials? Details please.
              > Cheers
              > John of the Hills

              Rohr - *Sundials - history, theory and practice*
              It's a Dover reprint. I like it for the spherical trig, though it's
              lacking much early-period info.

              Deroch