Cape coats, jackets--link

  • borderlands15213
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Sorry! (Note to self: remember to include "Scroll down to X
      image...")
      Scroll down to the third image, "A Lady Writing a Letter;" the
      eleventh image, "Woman in Blue Reading a Letter (detail);" and the
      very bottom image, "Woman With A Pearl Necklace (detail)."

      http://www.wga.hu/index1.html

      Yseult
    • msgilliandurham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
        <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

        > Sorry! (Note to self: remember to include "Scroll down to X
        > image...")
        > Scroll down to the third image, "A Lady Writing a Letter;" the
        > eleventh image, "Woman in Blue Reading a Letter (detail);" and the
        > very bottom image, "Woman With A Pearl Necklace (detail)."
        >
        > http://www.wga.hu/index1.html

        I think I found the images (I had to do a title search -- my browser
        only displayed one image on the index1.html page) and yeah,
        the "Woman in Blue" and "Woman with Necklace" are sort of what I
        have in mind -- only the sleeves should be full length, and fitted
        (ie, curved to fit the elbow) and the neckhole fits up tight around
        the neck, or rather, up tight around the ruff one would be wearing
        for Elizabethan.

        Gosh, I wish I could find a copy of that picture on the web!

        I did find some other German engravings that are closer to what I'm
        after than the links you sent me:

        http://inky.library.yale.edu/medwomen/04183126.html
        (although this has "Queen" sleeves, which actually would fit over
        the shoulder roll of an "indoors" bodice better than the fitted ones
        Winter describes, and appears to have a hood? or the engraver has
        exaggerated the collar a *lot*)

        http://inky.library.yale.edu/medwomen/04183227.html
        (this has fitted sleeves and shoulder rolls, and is a little shorter)

        Hope this helps -- thanks for you assistance --

        Gillian Durham