Re: [Authentic_SCA] Children 600AD - 1650AD

  • Marion McNealy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
      Do you have these two books?

      Flesh and Spirit: private life in early modern Germany, by Steven Ozment
      Has several chapters on this subject, dealing with children from specific families, from birth to young adulthood.

      Magdalena and Balthasar: an intimate portrait of life in 16th century Europe revealed in the letters of a Nuremberg husband and wife, by Steven Ozement.

      While this is mainly about M and B, it also covers their attitudes toward parenting their son and how they dealt with his death at a young age. Its a great book that gives you a detailed glimpse into a period marriage through the subjects own letters.

      -Marion
      www.curiousfrau.com

      iamsiegfried <gusgus@...> wrote:

      Greetings Noble Lords and Ladies,

      I am looking for primary sources on the lives of children
      600AD-1650AD. Although I have most of the major sources, I am always
      looking for more, particularly appropriste items housed in museums.
      If you have such sources, please do not hesitate to pass them on.

      With gratitude,
      Melissa Kendal

    • elara_drake
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2005
        I know I'm rather late replying, but I'm catching up on the last 4
        weeks of skipped list reading. :) My husband jsut got a book for
        Christmas that will probably interest you. It's "Medieval Children"
        By Nicholas Orme, Yale University Press, ISBN: 0-300-09754-9.

        Regards, WhiteRaven