fur help

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
      Hi guys,

      So, a co-worker brought me a mink jacket and short cape that belonged
      to her aunt that she just wanted to get rid of. I'm looking for
      ideas for a project (packing them up and shipping them to anyone is
      not going to happen ;) You're SOL on that suggestion!). There's not
      enough to line a cloak, which was my first thought. I already have a
      fur-lined muff being embroidered for me by a friend and he has the
      fur for it (yeah, I have REALLY nice friends).

      So, what would a French merchant's daughter in 1485 do with a bunch
      of fur? Her alter-ego is pretty fried at the moment and is just not
      coming up with ideas.

      Thanks,
      Isabeau
    • bex_1014
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lady_Lark_Azure" >
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > So, a co-worker brought me a mink jacket and short cape ...<snip>
        > So, what would a French merchant's daughter in 1485 do with a bunch
        > of fur? Her alter-ego is pretty fried at the moment and is just
        not
        > coming up with ideas.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Isabeau

        Collar and cuffs?
        Fur-lined hood?
        Mmmm... mink...
        Rebecca
      • Saerlaith ingen Ruadan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
          A million years ago, when I was doing sideless surcoats, I found a sheared
          fur of some sort at a thrift store. I cut it into strips to edge the
          openings with. It looked really sweet.

          --Saerlaith

          > So, a co-worker brought me a mink jacket and short cape ...<snip>
          > So, what would a French merchant's daughter in 1485 do with a bunch
          > of fur? Her alter-ego is pretty fried at the moment and is just
          not
          > coming up with ideas.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Isabeau

        • Elizabeth Walpole
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
            > So, a co-worker brought me a mink jacket and short cape that belonged
            > to her aunt that she just wanted to get rid of. I'm looking for
            > ideas for a project (packing them up and shipping them to anyone is
            > not going to happen ;) You're SOL on that suggestion!). There's not
            > enough to line a cloak, which was my first thought. I already have a
            > fur-lined muff being embroidered for me by a friend and he has the
            > fur for it (yeah, I have REALLY nice friends).
            >
            > So, what would a French merchant's daughter in 1485 do with a bunch
            > of fur? Her alter-ego is pretty fried at the moment and is just not
            > coming up with ideas.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Isabeau

            lining a houpellande (or whatever type of gown your persona usually wears)
            or at least around the edges where it shows. You don't feel like moving
            ahead half a century do you? coz they would make a fabulous pair of Tudor
            sleeves.
            Elizabeth
            Elizabeth Beaumont Elizabeth Walpole
            in OR in
            Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra, Australia
            ewalpole@...