Gilbert of Hoyt/Gilbertus de Hoilandia

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      I found Gilbertus de Hoilandia Sermones in Canticum Salomonis on Google, so perhaps he is from Holland.

      Alcyoneus

      Message: 2
      Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 06:43:06 -0800 (PST)
      From: Andrea Huwydd Lycsenbwrg
      Subject: more on breastbinding

      Who (and more particularly when) was Gilbert of Hoyt?
      In "Sermones in Canticum Solomonis", he writes:

      "The breasts are most pleasing when they are of
      moderate size and eminence...They should be bound but
      not flattened, restrained with gentleness but not
      given too much license."

      That gives us, I believe, three textual references and
      one pre-medieval picture?

      Andrea/Gwervyl