ST. Bartholomew's day massacre painting

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      Greetings all,
      Does anyone know a good source, such as an art compilation book or
      the like for the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre painting by Francois
      Dubois? I've only got B&W pictures of it and the websites I have
      found it on do not have it saved in a high enough resolution to
      enlarge it for detail. There is a wealth of information about armor
      in this painting (such as painted oval shields) and I really want to
      see it in detail. Anybody have any suggestions? I've written
      directly to the museum that houses it to see if I can order a print
      of it, but haven't heard back yet. So many of you work for
      universities, so I was hoping maybe somebody would have it
      somewhere. Any help/hints would be appreciated!
      Cheers,
      Margaret Hepburn