Re: [SCA-Garb] The Austere & Pious Frenchwoman... [cross-posted]

  • Tiffany Brown / Lady Teffania Tukerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
      <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

      > So, there *is* documentation for silk "body linen," at least in 12C
      > France? Fascinating!

      It's from memory, and that might be one of the ones from romances
      instead of sermons. Or I might be a little muddled on the specifics,
      and be completely worng. At any rate, there are plenty of sermons
      which i reccomend seeking out. I maintain that extravagences like
      very expensive fabrics (eg silk), lacing, flowing sleeves etc would
      have been unpious, but refuse to firmly commit to any further
      specifics without a year to look up all the refernces (and finish off
      my unrelated thesis first).

      Teffania

      (if you want to ask me where I might have read such a thing, I can
      reccomend a few good books/articles. later when i'm not tired after a
      feast.).