Re: Quilted doublet c. 1550's - ballplayer and his page

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Yep, you're the one, I read two of your articles on the internet.
      How odd! I've been using wills & inventories for the bulk of my
      documentation on bedding (pairs of sheets, coverlids, beres, etc.),
      but was branching out from that & looking for other stuff when I
      found your articles. I have the Hardwick Hall textile book & there
      is some great stuff in Digby's Elizabethan Embroidery & I found a
      pillowcase in the V&A image library (selvage for the open end...)

      THanks very much for the article, esp. the bibliography (don't we
      all circle those like sharks? grins). I appreciate the suggestions
      and will keep working on it. I realised at some point a few months
      ago that I had collected enough odd Scottish information about
      trade, merchants, inventories, you name it, to try & furnish a
      living space c.1575, so that's what I'm working on. Plus, we've been
      plotting a period gambeson for fencing & heavy fighting for my
      husband and I LOVE that quilted doublet, I had never seen that
      picture before.

      Thanks very much again!

      Toujours a vos ordres,
      Margaret
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, kittencat3@a... wrote:
      > If it's the article I think it is, I'm the one who wrote it :) My
      non-SCA name is Lisa Evans, and I have a couple of articles up on-
      line.

      > Here's my standard teaching material on period quilting. I'm
      working on a new version but won't have it done until next year;
      I've been asked to teach at the American Quilt Study Group meeting
      in 2006 and would like to include the latest research. I also have
      some good information on patchwork clothing if you're interested.