RE: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 2674

  • Giovanna d'Este
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2004
      Being a woman of large proportions, I find that if I put the belt in the
      fold beneath my breasts but above my belly, and buckle it in firmly, it
      stays where I put it. Also, placed approximately where the band of my bra
      runs, it helps with breast support a bit. I think my belt may run a bit
      lower in back...I do know that it always winds up running just below my
      shoulder blades. I would say that if you're using a cloth belt, you may want
      an interior stiffener, and if using leather, there shouldn't be an issue. My
      first belt, before I was apprenticed, for my houppelande was a wide man's
      belt that I put a couple extra holes in to get it to where I could get it
      small enough to fit around my torso properly. I like the tight
      feeling...makes it feel like my houppelande isn't getting away from me.
      (grin)

      Al vostro servizio,
      Signora Giovanna d'Este

      Vert, on a billet Or three fleurs-de-lys, one and two, sable, a bordure
      dancetty Or.

      "Numquam Succumbe"