Re: [Authentic_SCA] source needed: Elizabethan noble pastimes

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      At 2:26 PM +0000 11/3/04, Jen Kennedy (SCA: Ld. Eoin an Eich Ghil mac
      Cionaodha) wrote:
      >Dear all,
      >can anyone point me to a good scholarly source (or few) describing
      >pastimes of of the nobility in Tudor & Elizabethan England?
      >Specifically ones that mention (or better, detail) dance?

      There's:

      Reeves, Compton. 1998. Pleasures and Pastimes in Medieval England.
      Oxford Univ Press, New York. ISBN 0-19-521423-4

      which includes at least the early part of the 16th century. But for
      dance specifically, I'd go with the dance manuals (which Justin will
      no doubt tell you about in detail).

      Tangwystyl
      --
      ****