redlightgreen.com

  • Maitiú the JOAT
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Some of you may already know about this, but I just discovered it. It's an
      online version of the RLG Union catalog, which has bibliographic
      information on over 45 milion titles at over 150 universities, libraries,
      archives, historical societies and other institutions with collections for
      research and learning. It lets you check to see if a title found is
      available at you local institution (for example, I have it set up so that
      if I'm looking at a title it will automatically check MELVYL, the
      University of California library catalog, to see if the title is there). It
      also includes links to web resources to related subject matter (for
      example, a search on Irish costume resulted in links to costuming faqs, an
      essay on the non-existence of hte Irish kilt at kavanaghfamily.com, and
      links to reconstructinghistory.com).

      Maitiú