Looking for a site on stitches

  • Melissa A Barton (S)
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      A while ago I found a site on stitches found in extant European garments.
      I can't remember how far back it went, but it did go up to at least 1600,
      so it's not the really early-period site. The site was formatted as a
      giant table, with the stich, descriptions of the garments, where the
      garments were found, and where the garments currently reside. I cannot
      seem to find it again, although I tried the same search I used to find it
      originally.

      Does anyone know what site I'm speaking of and have a link? I would
      greatly appreciate it.

      -Qara Qulan

    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa A Barton (S)"
        <m_barton@c...> wrote:

        > A while ago I found a site on stitches found in extant European
        garments.
        > I can't remember how far back it went, but it did go up to at
        least 1600,
        > so it's not the really early-period site.

        http://www.42nd-dimension.com/NFPS/nfps_stitches.html is the one I
        have bookmarked, but it's "Dark Age" specific.

        Jehanne
      • Cornelia
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          > A while ago I found a site on stitches found in extant European
          garments.
          > I can't remember how far back it went, but it did go up to at
          least 1600,
          > so it's not the really early-period site. The site was formatted
          as a
          > giant table, with the stich, descriptions of the garments, where
          the
          > garments were found, and where the garments currently reside.

          Could it be this one:
          http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/stitches.htm ?

          Cheers,

          Cornelia