Cream of tartar being kosher... OT

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2004
      Greetings all,
      just wanted to restate something I said kind of off the cuff last
      night. In my post about lees of wine I commented in passing that
      cream of tartar was kosher and I probably should not have made the
      comment. Let me clarify and say that like many things, cream of
      tartar _can_ be kosher, if it is prepared properly, but not all
      brands will necessarily be prepared correctly and therefore not all
      cream of tartar will be considered kosher. I hope I didn't give
      offense to anyone, it was just one of things I found interesting
      when I went looking for lees of wine info.
      Cheers,
      Margaret Hepburn