Attractive garb was (Re: inappropriate demo attire)

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2004
      From: "Lisa"
      Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:01:36 -0000
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Inappropriate demo attire

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:

      >Well...they have been to several events, but I think they are having a hard time putting
      >themselves into a medieval mindset of what makes a woman sexy. Their mundane
      >clothing tends to be rather revealing, so when they do put together an outfit, that
      >seems to become a priority.

      In that case:

      What about late 15th-early 16th century Italian? Tons of cleavage! Or Indian? Bare midrifs, tight tops and lots of sparkly jewelry. Or Bronze age Celt? I'm thinking of the infamous string mini-skirt here. You might also point out the undeniable appeal of a woman in a well fitting cotehardie/Gothic Fitted Dress, for this you could even cite Braveheart, the cut of Isabella's clothes are not half bad.

      There are plenty of clothes that are sexy by modern standards that are also period, although these girls may need that pointed out to them.

      -Katherine

      Arguing with a herald is like wrestling with a pig. First you get really dirty and muddy, and then, after a while, you begin to realize the pig is enjoying himself. -Sliverwing's 54th Law of SCA Dynamics